Terms & Conditions
Geo Jones & Bros
Terms and Conditions of Sale
Please read the following important terms and conditions before purchasing any item from us. Please check that you understand all terms before proceeding. Please contact us with any questions.
This contract sets out:
- your legal rights and responsibilities;
- our legal rights and responsibilities; and
- certain key information required by law.
This contract is used for when you and we enter into a contract in store.
In this contract:
- ‘We’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ means Geo Jones & Bros; and
- ‘You’ or ‘your’ means the person buying goods from us.
If you don't understand any of this contract and want to talk to us about it, please speak with us in store or contact us by:
- email email@example.com Monday – Friday 8:00am – 17:00pm; or
- telephone 01179 556201 Monday – Friday 8:00am – 17:00pm.
Who are we?
We are Geo Jones & Bros which is a trading name of Michael Jones.
Address: Geo Jones & Bros, 1-7 Lower Ashley Road, Bristol, BS2 9QA
Telephone: 0117 955 6201
- If you buy goods from us you agree to be legally bound by this contract.
- When buying any goods you also agree to be legally bound by specific terms which apply to certain goods. If you want to see these specific terms, please check against the relevant goods in store.
- All of the above documents form part of this contract as though set out in full here.
Information we give you
- By law, the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 say that we must give you certain key information before a legally binding contract between you and us is made (see the summary box below). We will give you this information in a clear and understandable way. Typically, we will do this in store before you buy the goods from us. Some of this information is likely to be obvious from the context. Some of this information is also set out in this contract, such as information on our complaint handling policy (see clause 13).
Information we will give you
We will give you information on:
- the main characteristics of the goods you want to buy;
- who we are, where we are based and how you can contact us;
- the total price of the goods including any taxes (or where this cannot reasonably be worked out in advance, the manner in which we will work out the price);
- all additional delivery charges (or where this cannot reasonably be worked out in advance, the fact that such additional charges may be payable);
- the arrangements for payment, delivery, performance, and the time by which we will deliver the goods;
- the fact that we are under a legal duty to supply goods that are in conformity with the contract
- The key information we give you by law forms part of this contract (although it is set out in full here).
- If we have to change any key information once a legally binding contract between you and us is made, we can only do this if you agree to it.
Your privacy and personal information
- We are a bathroom retailer and although we are able to help plan and design your bathroom and can offer advice on products that we feel might best suit your space, we do not offer a measuring/home visit service and therefore unable to guarantee that the items you select will fit your bathroom dimensions or be suitable for your water system (i.e. heating system) and or construction of your property.
- We strongly suggest consulting with your plumber and or bathroom fitter to ensure that any selected items will be suitable. It is your responsibility to ensure that any chosen items aresuitable for your requirements. We are happy to assist by supplying dimensions and or technical specifications where required but cannot accept liability for items ordered in the incorrect size or operating specification.
- For any bespoke products, it is essential that all specifications are accurate and that the chosen product will be fit for the purpose for which you intend them to be used. We are not responsible for the performance or suitability of any items that have been produced in accordance with your specifications.
- Brochures and catalogues are for illustrative purposes only. Accurate information on pricing, dimensions, finishes etc. will be supplied on request.
- Please note that special finishes from different manufacturers might vary even if they have the same name (i.e. brushed brass or brushed stainless steel). Items with a special finish often require hand finishing so there might be variations within any given collection from the same manufacturer/supplier.
- We may on request loan samples of the goods to you. Any samples remain our property and must be returned within 14 days of the date of loan. We will ask for a name and contact telephone number upon the loan of samples. If you fail to return any samples, you will be responsible for the cost of replacing such goods.
Ordering goods from us
- Below, we set out how a legally binding contract between you and us is made.
- Any quotation given by us before you make an order for goods is not a binding offer by us to supply such goods.Quotations are valid for 30 days from date of issue, after which prices will have to be reviewed to account for any prices increases from our suppliers/manufacturers.
- We are unable to reserve items until they have been paid for in full or a deposit has been taken.
- When you place your order with us, we will acknowledge it in store. This acknowledgement does not, however, mean that your order has been accepted.
- We may contact you to say that we do not accept your order. If we do this, we will try to tell you promptly why we do not accept your order. This is typically for the following reasons:
- the goods are unavailable;
- we cannot authorise your payment; or
- there has been a mistake on the pricing or description of the goods.
- We will only accept your order when we confirm this in store by providing you with an invoice for the goods. We will either provide you with the invoice instore or send it to you via email or post to the address provided. At this point a legally binding contract will be in place between you and us.
- We are purely a bathroom retailer, so we are unable to offer any fitting or repair services or any advice on fitting.
- If we need to deliver goods to you or you ask that we do so, we will deliver these to you. If you want information on your delivery options and costs, speak with us in store before you place your order.
- We will let you know the estimated date for delivery of the goods at the time you make your order.
- If something happens which:
we will let you have a revised estimated date for delivery of the goods.
- is outside of our control; and
- affects the estimated date of delivery,
- If we are unable to fulfil our obligations to you or only able to fulfil them at an unreasonable cost due to circumstances outside of our control, we may cancel or suspend any of our obligations without liability. This may include act of God, accident, explosion, war, terrorism, fire, flood, pandemic, transport delays, strikes and other industrial or political disputes and difficulty in obtaining supplies as a result of any of these factors.
- Delivery of the goods will take place when we deliver them to the address that you gave to us.If nobody is available to take delivery, please let us know using the contact details in the “Who are we?”section at the top of these terms.
- We cannot deliver the goods if we are unable to properly identify you. Please provide our driver with a form of ID (passport or photocard driving licence).If nobody is available to take delivery on the agreed delivery date, please let us know as soon as possible using the contact details at the top of this page.
- If we cannot deliver your goods on the date agreed when you made your order and we have not agreed with you an alternative delivery date you have the right to:
- cancel your order; and
- receive a refund.
- You are responsible for the goods when delivery has taken place. In other words, the risk in the goods passes to you when you take possession of the goods.
- We are happy to help bring the goods into your property provided that it is safe to do so. We are unable to take items upstairs unless there are extenuating circumstances, and this has been pre-agreed by us prior to delivery.
- We accept no liability for damage to your property whilst we are delivering your goods.
- We may deliver your goods in instalments. If you want to see whether your goods may be delivered in this way, please speak with us in store.
- We accept cash, most major credit cards (excluding American Express), debit cards and BACS payments. We do not accept cheques.All payments by credit card or debit card need to be authorised by the relevant card issuer.
- We will require full payment for the goods prior to delivery or collection.
- If for any reason your payment is not received by us and you have already received the goods, you:
- must pay for such goods within 30 days; or
- must return them to us as soon as possible. If so, you must keep the goods in your possession, take reasonable care of them (including ensuring that you follow any instructions or manuals given with the goods) and not use them before you return them to us.
- If you do not return any goods (such as where you have not paid for them) we may collect the goods from you at your expense. We will try to contact you to let you know if we intend to do this.
- The price of the goods:
- is in pounds sterling (£) (GBP);
- includes VAT at the applicable rate, unless otherwise stated;
- does not include the cost of delivering the goods (if you want information on your delivery options and costs, speak with us in store before you place your order).
- Any items that are being ordered in as a 'special order' will need to be paid for in full at the point you make your order. A ‘special order’ is an item we do not hold in stock.
- For full bathroom suite orders, we may request that a deposit is paid at the time we accept your order. The remaining balance will need to be settled no less than 48 hours before we are due to deliver the goods to you.
Nature of the goods
- The Consumer Rights Act 2015 gives you certain legal rights (also known as‘statutory rights’), for example, the goods:
- are of satisfactory quality;
- are fit for purpose; and
- match the description, sample or model.
- We must provide you with goods that comply with your legal rights.
- The packaging of the goods may be different from that shown in store.
- While we try to make sure that all weights, sizes and measurements set out in store are as accurate as possible there may be slight variations.
- Any goods sold:
will be identified and sold as such. Please check that they are of a satisfactory quality for their intended use.
- at discount prices;
- as remnants;
- as substandard,
- If we cannot supply certain goods (we may need to substitute them with alternative goods of equal or better standard and value). In this case:
- we will let you know if we intend to do this, but this may not always be possible; and
- you can refuse to accept such substitutes; in which case we will offer you a refund or a replacement and let you know how long such an offer remains open for.
- On delivery please carefully remove the goods from their packaging and thoroughly check all items before installation.
- Any items that are fitted are deemed as accepted by brands/distributors, so any issues with products such as damages, manufacturing defects or missing items must be reported before the item is fitted.
- Your legal rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (also known as ‘statutory rights’), are set out at the top of this contract. They are a summary of your key rights. For more detailed information on your rights and what you should expect from us, please:
- speak with us in store;
- contact us using the contact details at the top of this page; or
- visit the Citizens Advice website www.adviceguide.org.uk or call 03454 04 05 06.
- Nothing in this contract affects your legal rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (also known as ‘statutory rights’). You may also have other rights in law.
- Any damages or missing items must be reported to us within 5 days of the date of delivery. Please contact us using the contact details at the top of this page, if you want:
- us to repair the goods;
- us to replace the goods;
- a price reduction; or
- a refund.
- Please be aware that all warranty's and guarantees are with the brand/manufacturer of your chosen goods. Please make sure that you have a copy of your proof of purchase in order to pursue a claim through a warranty/guarantee.
- If you need to pursue a claim through a warranty or guarantee, you must contact the brand/manufacturer directly.
- Any modification to or installation of the goods must be done within the brand/manufacturer specification and or guidelines otherwise you risk voiding the applicable warranty/guarantee.
- If you wish to return any goods which were ordered from stock, you can do so within 8 weeks from the date of your order. We will advise you when making your order if the goods you have ordered are stock items.
- If you wish to return goods which are a special order item that we have had to order especially for you, it is likely that the manufacturer of those goods will charge a restocking fee, which you as the customer will be liable for. This is our brands/distributors policy and covers the cost of sending a vehicle to collect the goods and the relevant checks needed to return the goods to stock. There are often strict time periods within which special order goods must be returned so please report this to us as soon as possible. Please ask a member of staff for more details of individual returns and restocking policies if required.
- If any goods are being made to order (i.e. bespoke) then they cannot be cancelled once the order has been accepted and cannot be returned unless faulty.
- Any goods being returned must be in their original packaging. The goods must be in a re-sellable condition.
- No refund will be issued until we have physically assessed the goods to accept it for return.
- In the case of special order goods, we may not be able to process a refund until we have received the credit from our supplier.
- Refunds must be processed in the same method as the original transaction (i.e. if you paid via card, we must refund on to the same card).
- Please ask a member of staff for more details of specific restocking policies for any special order goods as they do vary across our brands/distributors.
End of the contractIf this contract is ended it will not affect our right to receive any money which you owe to us under this contract.
Limit on our responsibility to you
- Except for any legal responsibility that we cannot exclude in law (such as for death or personal injury) or arising under applicable laws relating to the protection of your personal information, we are not legally responsible for any:
(a) were not foreseeable to you and us when the contract was formed; or
(b) that were not caused by any breach on our part;
- business losses; and
- losses to non-consumers.
- losses that:
- We are not officially affiliated with any of the plumbers or bathroom fitters that we may hand out contact details for, therefore we accept no liability for any issues that may arise during the fitting process.
- We will try to resolve any disputes with you quickly and efficiently.
- If you are unhappy with:
please contact us as soon as possible.
- the goods;
- our service to you; or
- any other matter,
- If you want to take court proceedings, the courts of the part of the United Kingdom in which you live will have non-exclusive jurisdiction in relation to this contract.
- The laws of England and Wales will apply to this contract.
Third party rights
- No one other than a party to this contract has any right to enforce any term of this contract.
- However, if a person acquires the goods lawfully from you, it may be possible to transfer the guarantee for those goods to that person, but please ask in store for more details as not all manufacturers warranties/guarantees are transferable.